Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus
Bengal Jesuit Mission
- 1574 - Frs. Antonio Vaz ,S.J and Pedro Dias, S.J came to Bengal along with the traders as soul-saviors.
- 1575 - Fr. Francisco Fernandez, S.J. and Fr. Domingo de Souza, S.J. were entrusted with the Bengal Mission.
- 1578 - Fr. Francisco Fernandez , S.J. was appointed the first superior of Bengal Mission.
- 1579-80 - Fr. Antonio Tavares, S.J. founded Ugolim (Hooghly) at the mouth of the Ganges near the first settlement of Satgaon.
- 1599 - King Pratapaditya of Jassore invited the Jesuits to his kingdom with a gift of land at Iswaripur, Khulna.